IP Agreement Support
Intellectual assets created from Qatar’s investments in R&D are strategic assets managed by QF R&D’s IPTT office to assist in establishing a knowledge based economy in Qatar. Ensuring that such assets are protected and managed appropriately in agreements throughout the R&D lifecycle is critical. IPTT manages all QF agreements related to intellectual property and technology transfer in accordance with the QF IP Policy, such as:
- Non-Disclosure/Confidential Disclosure Agreements
- Material Transfer Agreements
- License Agreement (Including Options)
- Patent/Copyright Assignments
- Intellectual Property Management/Income Sharing Agreements
- Copyright/Publishing/Authorship Agreements
- IP Assignments/IP Services Agreements
In addition to managing the above agreements, QF reviews all IP Terms in all QF agreements (for example: Awards, Sub-awards, R&D agreements such as partnership/collaboration agreements, joint/faculty appointment agreements, employment/contractor agreements) among others. If you have a need to establish one of the above agreements or have IP terms that need to be incorporated/reviewed in an agreement, click here to contact
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
An NDA, also known as Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA), is an agreement aimed at creating a confidential relationship between two or more parties to protect the dissemination of confidential information to be exchanged between the parties.
Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
A Material Transfer Agreement is an agreement between two or more parties who wish to share/ acquire various biological and research materials which are a necessary component of a research project.
Submit a Request for a CDA or MTA
A. Incoming CDAs and MTAs
Contact the IP Agreements :email@example.com
B. Outgoing CDAs and MTAs
- Log onto Sophia using your account details.
- Go to ‘Request New Online MTA or CDA’ on the homepage.
- Complete the online form providing as much detail as possible on the purpose and scope of the agreement.
- Submit the request to IPTT.
- To request changes to the scope of a CDA or MTA, Please contact us on the email provided above.